Beautifly Blended

Beautifly Blended
"Like clay in the hand of the potter, so you are in My hands." God said. Jeremiah 18:6

07 October 2013

Chocolate, Chocolate chip Breakfast Muffins





As you may have noticed on my 30 days of meals menu we have muffins every Monday. These are super easy and delicious and nutritious. What better way to start your day than with chocolate.

The recipe I use is one I got from Heavenly Homemakers. However, I have to alter the way she mixed hers.

16 c of  Soft white wheat ( Freshly milled)
3/4 c of baking powder
1/2 c of Sucanat
2 t of  Real salt

I mix all this together in a large bowl and store it in the freezer for when ever I will make muffins or pancakes. This will last me about 6 weeks.

To make the muffins and pancakes are pretty much identical until you start adding the chocolate and chips and the other goodies.

To make the "dough"

2 c of the Mix (the recipe above)
2 T of oil (I suggest olive oil)
1 egg
2 t of Vanilla
1 c of water

This will make basic muffins and pancakes. Now, for the Chocolate, chocolate chip muffins also add this to the "dough"

3 T of  Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
1/2 c of chocolate chips
1/4 c of shredded coconut
1/4 c of chopped nuts your choice

Sometimes after I add all this to the "dough" I will need to add a little more water just so the dough is not too thick.

Once it is all mixed together, spoon into muffin pan bake at 350 for about 20 to 25 mins depending on how fast or slow your oven may cook things. I usually only bake for 20 mins.

 
Let cool and Enjoy!!  These are not only great for breakfast but also for an afternoon snack!!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wild Olive