Beautifly Blended

Beautifly Blended
"Like clay in the hand of the potter, so you are in My hands." God said. Jeremiah 18:6

26 July 2013

I need the "POO"!!!!

I have been doing a lot of research on shampoos that are good for you and your head. I have a friend who introduced me to the no poo shampoo.

That is a funny name to me the NO POO... but after months of using the no poo, I realized that I love the POO in my shampoo. The so called poo part of the processed shampoo is the lathering. Now, I don't know about you but the lather part makes me feel like I am actually doing something.

However, I have moved from these....

 To this....

The no poo shampoo consists

1 T of baking soda
1 c of warm water

There you are done. After I would apply this to my hair it felt course and unnourished, I immediately knew I needed something to condition my hair. Back to the computer. I found that apple cider vinegar was what people were using the bring back the shine and health to their hair.

So, I hopped in my car drove to my "Local" natural store and bought me some vinegar with "mother" in it. The Mother of the vinegar means that it isn't pasteurized. 



There I am no poo shampoo and a "nice" vinegar rise to top it off.


There is only ONE problem. My hubby can not stand the smell of the vinegar rinse. He absolutely hated it, fussed every time I had to do it. Which turned out only once a week. That was nice!!!

When I ran out of the original no poo shampoo, I just made some up. This one consisted of the same ingredients except I used Dr. Bronner's castile soap and a few drops of essential oils.

The shampoo with some poo

1 T of baking soda
1 c of warm water
1/4 c of castile soap (any fragrance) I used Hemp almond
5 drops of essential oil. (I used a lavender)

You must shake it before each use!

This has been doing good for me, but it still make my hair feel striped of moisture. However, when I style it, it doesn't look that way. But, I again ended up driving the my "local" natural store and bought, yes that is right BOUGHT  some organic conditioner. This one I bought for the smell and the moisture. But, I would love to find a shampoo that does it all.




Back to the computer again to find a different shampoo with  more moisture in it.

 I found one that was made with coconut milk. Wow, really Milk in my hair.

I figure at this point what could be so bad right?

Stay tuned for the update on the coconut milk shampoo........

1 comment:

  1. Arica, I can't wait to hear the results. This is something I have been fighting with for a while. Having very curly hair doesn't help either :)
    Amy

    ReplyDelete

Wild Olive