Beautifly Blended

Beautifly Blended
"Like clay in the hand of the potter, so you are in My hands." God said. Jeremiah 18:6

07 June 2012

Canning on

Not long after I had gotten through with the tomatoes.. My "mama" called and wanted to know if I would like any snap beans...AKA "GREEN BEANS" in these parts. As soon as I got off the phone I was like.....

 NO WAY!! DID I JUST AGREE TO GETTING MORE FOOD TO CAN..

Yes I did.. Apparently I didn't get enough with the tomatoes.. Luckily for me I have been so busy with VBS (that's for another post) That I hadn't had time to consider that I would have to break them, wash them, cook them, stuff them, and boil them..

On the way back from church I had Ty to go and get them for us. Well he couldn't find them so I called her and she... Boy do I love this woman.. Went ahead snapped them and washed them all for MEEEE!!!!

Now, I figured she done all that and well this process shouldn't be as time consuming as the tomatoes..

And, guess what?

Nope they weren't

Yay!!!


Canning for me takes a lot of time..I feel like, only cause I am new..but as I have read, nope that is just how it is.. It didn't take very long to get the beans put into the cans or jars (whichever you prefer..personally it confuses the stew beans out of me) .. What took so long is that I can only bathe 7 jars at a time.. at 35 mins a pop....So, basically I was cooking boiling canned green beans for hours..

And, this is what I got!!!

27 jars of fresh green beans...

All in all, I have to say that my canning experience has, well, been worth all the "trouble".... Got to start saving money BETTER!!!!!


There I have it folks 17 jars of tomatoes and 27 jars of green beans....

What's next?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Wild Olive