Beautifly Blended

Beautifly Blended
"Like clay in the hand of the potter, so you are in My hands." God said. Jeremiah 18:6

07 June 2012

Tis the SESON for!!!!

CANNING OR JARRING.. Whichever you want to call it.

In the past week my "sissy", "mama", and I have been to our local farm and picked some tomatoes..

This is the FIRST time I have ever picked tomatoes like this.. I was amazed at all the bushes and rows and rows, and rows. I mean it look just like a sea of red and green OF PURE YUMMY!!!

I decided since I hadn't ever done anything quit so awesome.. I only picked me one 5 gallon bucket.

I was excited about canning. I had NEVER DONE IT BEFORE!!!

Next, I had to go and get me self some jars..UM  does anyone know how many to buy...? I sure didn't..When I got to the store I ended up picked up jelly jars.. I thought to myself hey these are small enough.. Then, Ty said ma those are jelly jars.. Are we making jelly too??

So back to the jars I went..

Now the fun begins. I had to read the directions on how to can or jar tomatoes like 15 billion times. For some reason it all seemed foreign to me..
I had an assemble line going on.. I was boiling.. The kids were cutting and pureeing. I mean it was all moving along real smooth.. I do believe the kids had a great time. I have never seen them work so hard and laugh so much while working in the kitchen.

In the end I finished up with 17 jars of tomatoes..

WHOOPEEE!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Wild Olive