Beautifly Blended

Beautifly Blended
"Like clay in the hand of the potter, so you are in My hands." God said. Jeremiah 18:6

05 September 2012

Discipline!!!!

What does that really mean..?

That I am in trouble...maybe

Am I in training for something...perhaps

When there is something that we want to accomplish in our lives, we discipline ourselves to do it..Right?

I know I am that way. I could be cleaning, organizing, or working out. There are a many numerous things that we can discipline ourselves to do that can alter our whole lives.

Like following Jesus!!!  What a great way to discipline a part of your life. I know I am a follower/servant to Christ Jesus....but how often do I really spend time in God's word for myself. I read the bible twice a day.. both time with my kids.. I am not saying that is bad but, I am not spending time studying God's word for myself.

I can, however, mange to get my whole house clean, get all the food I need to cook done, and work out for an hour a day.

So, here's what I am saying... I have many disciplines in my life all through out my day, but none of which I have committed myself to spend some alone time with my Father....Knowing my Father, He wants that time with me.. He has said time and time again He is jealous for me..

What holds me back from that time.?

Cleaning
T.V  (netfli*)
Sleep
Exercise
Computer

As you can see many things have I placed before my Father.. Where do I begin to bring my God back to number 1 in my life..


Like my hubby said yesterday, on our way home from Waycoss, we stopped my D.D and got a treat..He got an Oreo sundae..He said and I quote "This Oreo sundae is like God's word the deep I get into the better it is!"

It was funny analogy but how true that is.. I have noticed that when I committed some time with God alone that the more I read the better it got..

I just can't understand why I allow that to be smothered out by all the other things in my life.

So, today, here on my blog.. I am making a vow, a covenant( promise) to spend some alone time with my Father...


First, I must pray.. And seek Him... Then....DISCIPLINE myself to get in His word.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wild Olive