Beautifly Blended

Beautifly Blended
"Like clay in the hand of the potter, so you are in My hands." God said. Jeremiah 18:6

09 August 2013

Toothpaste

Here is something I have never really given much thought too... TOOTHPASTE!

I just assumed like all things toothpaste was okay. Until you start reading what is in it, and of course each tube has something different in it.. So, how do you know which is really the BEST one to get!!

One a brand that we had been using (it shall remain nameless) The active ingredient is Sodium Fluoride----that's some bad stuff.. it so bad that if you swallow any you are to call the poison control center RIGHT AWAY!!!!

****Warning****   that's right there is a warning on your toothpaste

DO NOT USE IF irritation occurs and persists.. KEEP OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN UNDER 6 YEARS OF AGE. If some is swallowed while brushing get medical help or call poison control immediately.
Does that sound like something a mother who wants to go natural should continue to endeavor in?

I should think not!!!!

So, how come putting poison in our mouths is okay?

Well, frankly it is not. But, because we the general public think that everything that enters into a grocery store is A-OKAY for us to use we keep on buy and they keep on making.

Now, I have covered some pretty scary ground. I know right now all who are reading this are ready to dash to your bathroom and read what is in your toothpaste. I warn you be ready to be surprised. I was!!!

So, now I am on another mission... I want a healthier toothpaste for my family.

The time came for me to STOP POISONING MY FAMILY WILLINGLY!!

I searched the world over for all these different recipes and found one with ingredients I already had on hand. Yay!! I didn't have to buy anything to make this one!!!!!!!

Recipe Number 1

1/2 c of Baking Soda
1/4 c of Peroxide
2 T of Coconut oil
2-10 drops of Essential oil

Mix all together and store in glass jar.


When I finished making this exact recipe I felt it needed more solidity, so I add 2 more T of coconut oil and a total of about 20 drops of essential oil. Peppermint or Orange is recommended. I used peppermint because we like that mint flavor.

Frist of all, let me tell you we DO NOT like this recipe. It is very bitter tasting even with the extra mint. My hubby and I like to look at each other when brushing just to see whose face looks funnier!!!

Great times...Great Times!!!


 It looks good, but don't let that fool ya!!


But what can I say the jar is so stinking cute!!!  Right?
 
Recipe Number 2

2 T coconut oil
3 T of banking soda
1/2 t of Xylitol (this is for sweetener and taste)
15-25 drops of Essential oil again Peppermint or Orange

Mix in bowl with fork when it is pastey (if that is even a word) add your oils and store in glass jar.

I haven't made this recipe yet, but it is the next one we will try after we finish off the first yucky batch.

Stay tuned for more inside makings at Arica's place..

PS. the Deodorant is still going strong.. Not as in stinking strong but stopping the stinky strong!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Wild Olive