Beautifly Blended

Beautifly Blended
"Like clay in the hand of the potter, so you are in My hands." God said. Jeremiah 18:6

28 August 2013

More Veggies Please

Over the last few months I have been trying to introduce more fresh, raw veggies into our diets. I want to my family to get the benefit of eating raw veggies. I had a summer garden and I feel that it did pretty good, but I have learned that most of the veggies we like are winter veggies. I wasn't sure if I would do a winter garden and I have totally changed my mind.

There is nothing for satisfying, than my kids asking, "Did these come out of our garden?"

And, I just love to tell them YES they did. I was disappointed in my planning on the first garden. I wanted to can tomatoes this year. Because we go through a lot of different tomatoey stuff. But, when they started blooming I noticed I planted cherry tomatoes instead of the not cherry tomatoes. And, I just wasn't even going to try to can those little guys.

Plans for the winter garden~~~~~

Lettuce
Spinach
Bell Peppers- Now these are also a summer garden
Broccoli
Tomatoes- giving it one more try with new seeds
Cucumbers

Do you garden?

Gardening is also way to get the kids outside, save money, and enjoy some of God's beautiful creations!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wild Olive