Beautifly Blended

Beautifly Blended
"Like clay in the hand of the potter, so you are in My hands." God said. Jeremiah 18:6

30 June 2011

1800's

Lately I have been reading these books that are based on the 1800 era. I love the fact that live was so simple then. I do understand that life was hard work, but the love and respect that each other had for their neighbor is something that America has lost. I am not say that everyone is rude and crude. But, just in the last 10 years or so the culture has changed. I can remember when I was young out playing in the community and, if I missed behaved or cause some trouble I would get a beat down from whoever saw me doing it. Then, when I got home I would get another beat down.

Wow I didn't mean to rattle on like that. All, I am saying is times are changing way to fast. Kids wanting independence and acting like adults way to early in their childhood.

But, really I wanted to talk about the way the women were in the olden days.. Ya, know getting up at the crack of dawn, (I know some that do that already. I am NOT one of them) to get their household moving.

I did get up before everyone else and started to cook this morning. I am trying to get my husband off to work with a more healthy option to eat than "Fast Food". So, I began my morning at around 8:15am . (that is early for me).

I started with the cube steak I took out last night. He had cream corn (from our garden), butter beans (not from our garden), and rice. I made home made biscuit (that his grandmother makes) with just the right amount of Crisco..
Doesn't that look YUMMY!!
OH! That is homemade gravy too....My husband loves it..

Then right after I finished cooking lunch I turned around and began cooking breakfast. Yeah, that's right I was a cooking machine this morning. I hope that I can be that faithful to cook for my family like this most of the time.
But, I made pancakes and sausage. I used real Maple syrup. One of my good friends recommended it on her blog once. So, ever since then I have been using it. Thanks girlfriend.

This is Bro favorite breakfast. You just can't go wrong with a menu like this one here..



No comments:

Post a Comment

Wild Olive