Beautifly Blended

Beautifly Blended
"Like clay in the hand of the potter, so you are in My hands." God said. Jeremiah 18:6

18 June 2011

Uh what did you say !!?

I begin this post a little discouraged..Why you ask? Because I am a great listener to all my friends...Then when I ask God to help me with something I just assume He is to busy to help.. So what do I do, I go about it MY way...

Psalm 32:8

The Lord says, "I will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you and watch over you.

He tells me right here that He will watch over me and guide my path as well. Who could ask for something better?

How many times during the day do you try to help your little ones by encouraging them to look out where they are going? God does that for us all the time to look out for little trips (in the pathway) for sin.. He calls out to us to "LOOK OUT". But, for some reason, I am so busy moving forward that I don't listen to God warning, His encouraging word to look out.. He cares about my stumbling.

When we were all little chicks running a muck, we NEVER wanted to do as our loving mothers and fathers wanted us to do. We thought we had the whole world figured out but, we don't. Now even as an adult there are things that drive me to my knees. Depending on God is just like we are kids again with a much stronger, wiser, forgiving Father.

At our young and tender ages moms and dads would always help us up from a fall or a bad collision. They would dust us off, tell us that everything is okay, and, sometimes even kiss away the pain.. I miss those days of the comfort from my mom's love, and mercy. But, God also offers the same thing, plus so much more. He has understanding, He doesn't judge our actions with anger or hatred. He allows us to fall to rely on Him to pick us back up. To carry us on our way. To kiss away the pain.

Father, forgive me for not always listening to You.

Isaiah 30:21
Your own ears will hear Him. Right behind you a voice will say, "This is the way you should go," whether to right or to the left.

There are circumstances in my life that only allow my children and I to be together every other week. And, as I am well aware being away from any one of your children for even one night can be worry some. You are constantly wondering are they okay. Did they eat a good supper? Are they watching stuff on T.V. they are not allowed to watch?
These are only a few questions that run through my brain on a daily basis. I have been to God on many occasions. Asking for wisdom and understanding in our arrangement. I sought out God on a particular year about what to do with my other two children. I figured I had followed God enough to know when He was talking to me. So, I asked for guidance on how to get my babies home. Well, lets just say it has been two years since that time and God has not answered my prayers... And here is why I believe He is NOT going to give me what I want.

James 4:3
 And even when you ask, you don't get it because your motives are all wrong-you want only to give you pleasure.

Wow what an eye opener..Those kids belong to my ex as well. What right do I have to take them away from him. Although we don't agree on a lot of things (as most ex's do or don't) the kids do love him just as they love me. Just as Christ still loves me. Maybe what I heard was NOT what I heard. Maybe I only heard what my hearts desire was and that was full custody of MY  our kids..
Thank you, Father for Your word, that it reminds me everyday to listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wild Olive