Beautifly Blended

Beautifly Blended
"Like clay in the hand of the potter, so you are in My hands." God said. Jeremiah 18:6

03 November 2011

Trying to be frugal!!!! "Trying"

I want to be one of those moms that say "oh I do that".... but I am not completely...

but, I can add one more to my list of I dos !!!!!

I now make my own laundry detergent....Yep that's right another way I can be frugal in my own house...

I got the recipe from my Tipnut.com a great website, but I got the idea from my sis-in-law Danielle...

And this is what I had to do...

First you need a 5 gallon bucket...
you can get one from anywhere

Next, you will need your supplies.....

the wrinkled paper is laundry soap (but really you can use any cheap soap just not heavy perfumed soaps)

Grate the soap
looks like cheese IT'S NOT DO NOT EAT!!!!! this was not fun or easy..

After that you will want to boil you somewater.......I used about a gallon....

The pot looks bad but it worked great. plus I hated to use a good pot to boil soap in..once it comes to a slow boil you will add your shaved soap..


This part makes your whole house smell fresh and clean....stir regularly to ensure the soap is mixed well and that it is melting...
Let it cool some (not all the way because it will need to melt the other powders) and pour into your 5 gallon bucket with the other ingredients.. 1 cup of borax and 1 cup of washing soda...and 2 gallons of water...
Mix well   Once you have it all completed and it is now at room temperature you can add what ever scent you like... Essential oils

And voila you have fresh scented, homemade laundry detergent...

This made about 3 gallons all for less the $0.75 a cup......Directions say only use a 1/4 of a cup for each load...Even better....


1 comment:

  1. Way to go, Arica! Let me know if this recipe works good for you. I've tried two different recipes in the past...and was not impressed with either one!

    ReplyDelete

Wild Olive