Beautifly Blended

Beautifly Blended
"Like clay in the hand of the potter, so you are in My hands." God said. Jeremiah 18:6

19 December 2012

Making Memories

Over the years of putting up the Christmas tree and wrapping presents. I feel like I have just gotten in the mundurm of the holidays. And, I don't want to feel that way.. I must admit I have no Christmas spirit in me. I despised putting up our Christmas tree this year.. Not, to worry I did for the kids.. however, we only just put it up yesterday... I put very little decorations out.. and usually my house is full of them.. Little santas (even though we don't do santa, I just like the way he looks), snowmen and all these cute will christmasy things..

But, I wanted to have something to remember year after year..So, I found this idea on Pinterest!!!

It is a Christmas Tree made of our hands..


Starting from the bottom...Ty, me, Hubby, Syd, and Bro...I almost cried when we got finished...

Then today, Syd and I wanted to bake/make something sweet.. So, we pulled out all the cooks book and hunted for something that we could make without buying any of the ingredients..

We came across Chocolate Truffles

3/4c Butter soften
3/4c Cocoa
1 (14 oz) can of Sweeten Condensed milk
1 T Vanilla

Melt the butter in a pot on low heat.









Then add the Cocoa and mix until smooth













Blend in sweetened milk (why the book says blend is beyond me I just poured mine in) Stir constantly until mixture gets thick and glossy looking.. (not as to see your face in it) Roughly 4 min
Remove from the heat and add the Vanilla..



Store in fridge for 4 hours... Will waiting open the fridge repeatedly and stare at them..

After the fours hours is up remove..(nope not to eat but to roll up in little ball and place back into the fridge for another 2 hours.. Which at this point it would be best to leave to house and get those balls out of your mind..

Return in 2 hours and mad dash for the fridge before anyone else..


After, all that is done....Enjoy watching your boys get along..


I had gone out of the room to return to this wonderful sight. It warms my heart to see my baby boys getting along...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Wild Olive