Beautifly Blended

Beautifly Blended
"Like clay in the hand of the potter, so you are in My hands." God said. Jeremiah 18:6

11 March 2013

Cold/Cough Remedy

Lately I have been doing some extensive reading on home remedies.. For our everyday use.
A couple of weeks ago my oldest had caught a cough (I guess from school), and he kept that cough for quite sometime. Even after the countless tea spoons of meds he took. A week later my Bro had caught the cough no doubt from his brother who caught it from school. Note this is the 1st time in 4 years that Bro had any kind of sickness. All due to being home school I am sure.

I grew a great concern for all the meds he was taking and I got to looking on line. Pintrest was my first stop for a home remedy of a cough suppressant. It didn't take long for me to find a gazillion different remedies and so the search was on.

Until, hours even years later I came across one that seemed simple and easy to make.

1/4 t of Cheyenne Pepper
1/4 t of Ground Ginger
1 T of Apple Cider Vinegar
2 T of Water
1 T of Honey
Pinned Image


Mix the Cheyenne, Ginger, vinegar, and water until the dry ingredients have dissolved. Then add the honey. Shake well before each use. This recipe was not recommend for children.. Instructions were to take 1 T spoon as needed for cough. I gave 1/2 t for the kids.

However, THIS WAS WAY TO SPICY FOR MY KIDDOS. I ended up talking a dear friend of mine who said that her daughter had  made this as well but she used cinnamon instead.

A light bulb came on. I threw away the batch from earlier and made a new batch suitable for kids.

So, here is the recipe that I made and Bro said "BETTER". He wasn't in tears when he swallowed. Thank the Lord!

1/4 t cinnamon
1/4 t ground ginger
1 T of Apple cider vinegar
2 T water
1 1/2 T of honey.. I use local honey because this helps with allergies as well..

Follow the same directions as before. But, I gave 1 t of it to Bro this morning. I will let you know how it goes.

See what meds do to my babies. It just makes them wanna sleep. Even when he wasn't tired.

Sucha  sweet face..

1 comment:

  1. Sorry bout the sickness! Found a remedy close to the first one you tried around Thanksgiving last year. It's spicy but it sure does work! haha

    ly,
    Shan

    ReplyDelete

Wild Olive