Beautifly Blended

Beautifly Blended
"Like clay in the hand of the potter, so you are in My hands." God said. Jeremiah 18:6

08 March 2013

Yummy Almonds!

Since I have started going to a food co-op. I have been introduced to many foods I wouldn't have considered eating had I been at the grocery store. But, we sure are thankful for our new eating habits, and one thing that I have added to our diet recently is Almonds. I didn't think at first I would enjoy them as much as I do, but what is even better so do my kids.

We will eat raw almonds with lunch, as a snack or mixed in cookies, pancakes, bread..I mean the possiblities are ENDLESS..... You hear endless....!!!!!

And, so I have been looking for other ways I can use almonds and I came across this pin on.....You guessed it...... Pintrest........ It is like only the bestest site in the world!!!!!

I don't remember what they were called but, they are very easy to make. And oh so Yummy!!!!

2 c. of Raw almonds (whole)
1 c of sugar (I used evaporated cane juice, but next time I think I am going to try honey)
1/2 c of water
1 T of cinnamon

Place the almonds in the oven at 375 for about 8-10 mins

While those are toasting ..


Add the other ingredients in a med. pot allow that to come to a boil. reduce heat and add the toasted almond. BE CAREFUL MIX IS HOT AND STICKY

Stir, and stir, and stir, and stir and stir until like FOREVER until it looks like almond goop.



Place on wax paper and separate with fork. Which really means to stir on the paper because it will stick to it.  15 mins of cooling time.


 Haven't started separating yet.
 
Done!!!  ENJOY..
 
I haven't been able to stop eating them!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wild Olive