Beautifly Blended

Beautifly Blended
"Like clay in the hand of the potter, so you are in My hands." God said. Jeremiah 18:6

05 March 2013

Monkey Bread

I have heard of it but, I hadn't ever had any. So, last week when I was making my menu for this week I came across a recipe for the monkey bread, and well I didn't really read the directions on how to make it at that moment. Which was  a terrible idea I suggest that you always read the directions before you plan it for a meal. Because when I got up Sunday morning to make it I had no idea that this particular recipe was going to cost me 2 some odd hours of my Sunday morning (that I don't have to spare).

So, now the search is on. I looked at this blog and that blog, and at this pin and at that pin. And, finally I found one that seemed quick and easy. However, this site used canned biscuit which I didn't have and don't use. But, a light came on!!

WHY CAN'T I USE MY BISCUIT RECIPE???

That is exactly what I did.

1 c of hard wheat
2 c of soft wheat
2 t. of baking powder
1/4 c of sweetener (I used sucanut) evaporated cane juice should be fine to
1 honkin T of shorting/coconut oil (coconut oil is harder to mix in)
1 c of milk
1/2 c brown sugar
1 T of cinnamon

Mix both wheats and baking powder until evenly blended, then add the sweetener, shorting/oil, and mild until nice, firm and smooth.. The dough shouldn't be sticky at first touch, but when you roll it around it will get a little sticky just use some loose flour on your hands to keep the dough from sticking to you.

So, I guess you figured you will need to roll the dough into about 1" balls.

In a zip lock bag or a bowl with a lid your choice, add the brown sugar and cinnamon mix them together until evenly blended.

Once that is done drop in a few balls at a time and shake until good and covered..

Great any size pan you want depending on how many balls you make.. I used my 12" loaf pan.. Bake at 350 for about 20 to 25 mins depending on your oven.

I did add  a 1/2 c of cut (into chunks) up butter in to the pan before I baked the bread.
 
Let it cool about 5 mins out of pan. Then pull apart and ENJOY..
Simple and easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wild Olive