Beautifly Blended

Beautifly Blended
"Like clay in the hand of the potter, so you are in My hands." God said. Jeremiah 18:6

04 March 2013

Regular Or Whipped??

Well over the course of the last month I have been reading, until my eyes burn, on the uses of coconut oil. Let me just say that are like a trazillion uses, but I really was only interested in one.

Is is good for my face and hands and everywhere else?

Yes it is!!

I even talked to a dear friend of mine Joli. She is super smart at this stuff and so I was seeking her advice on it too.

I have come to the conclusion that I want to use it for my body.

However, when I was consulting her she said that she likes to use it straight out of the jar, but I wasn't ready for hardcore yet. So, I found a site that talked about whipping the cream and adding some essential oils to it.
Now, that is for me!!!  Ease into it..


I started with about a cup, only because I don't have a stand mixer and so doing it by hand it more of a challenge to me. (due to my hand problems)


This was the only kind I could find at my local grocery store. But, no worries because I am ordering some organic from my co-op.


I had to make sure that I cut into small chunks. Then, I began to whip it, whip it good.!! (ok flash back)



Whip it until it is nice and fluffy. At this time you will want to add your oils.




Then store for everyday, every hour use.

Enjoy...

I will also be making my own  make-up soon so stay tuned..





1 comment:

  1. "Hardcore"??? I was thinking it was actually more lazy of me to do it my way...with my way of using it straight, I don't have to wash a bowl and beaters! Thanks for the compliment, though, "Auntie" Arica!

    ReplyDelete

Wild Olive