Beautifly Blended

Beautifly Blended
"Like clay in the hand of the potter, so you are in My hands." God said. Jeremiah 18:6

08 April 2013

Yolk VS. Yolk

It has been almost or longer than a month or so that we have had our chickens... Ahem HENS!! And, I must say that we are pleased with them.

I figured it up the other day we consume about 2 dozen eggs a week.. Yes that is a lot of eggs.

The hens are giving us a rough average of  20 eggs per week. So, I have to say we are making out purtty dog gone good.. Wouldn't you say?

There are a few differences that I have noticed between the eggs I get at the co-op as to the ones we get from our own hens.

1. The shell is thicker. It is a lot harder to crack
2. They come in all different shape and sizes.
3. The yolks are brighter and richer looking and tasting.



The middle yolk is your average everyday white egg. But, the ones are the end our straight out of our back yard.

What do they eat? you ask.

Bugs mostly and grass. We do feed them scratch at night when it is time to put them up. But, for the most part they roam all over the yard eating what ever they can get their becks on.

Are you considering chickens?

I think that would be a great idea.

1 comment:

  1. We eat 6-7 dozen eggs a week over here...I can't WAIT to get our chickens!!!

    ReplyDelete

Wild Olive