Beautifly Blended

Beautifly Blended
"Like clay in the hand of the potter, so you are in My hands." God said. Jeremiah 18:6

08 February 2012

Gardener ?!?!?

I am knee deep in "Raising Godly Tomatoes". 

That's right you read correctly. I borrowed this book because I thought I could always use godly advice in raising my kids. (I borrowed from one of my bestest friends Joli.)

Okay let me just start off by saying I should NOT be a parent NOT to a kid, dog, cat, bird, or rat.

I started this book yesterday evening and I am already at page 75 (unable to put it down). The book is by L. Elizabeth Krueger. If you have never heard of it. I recommend that you check it out sometime soon. It will change the way you look at parenting.

I will give you a little insight to it. OBEDIENCE. That is really all I have found this book to be about. But, as I started reading it I begin thinking of all the times I was not obedient to God. How can I teach obedience when I am clearly not obedient myself. (slap in the face. much needed Thanks.)

Going back over the times that I have taken the time to train my kids in the way they should go I felt like that was the godly thing. I mean instructed them to do what was right in the sight of the Lord. Working on their heart. Because we all know that the heart is deceitful. I have one, my kids have one, and you have one.

But, what about the times when I don't really feel like "Training" them? The times I am elbow deep in dirty dishes from the night before and dirty laundry from the week before.
My solution is to yell from down the hall quit whatever it is you are doing.!!!!  I don't even know what was going on. Was that training in God's eyes? NO. That was training in Arica's eyes. But, what did that do for their heart? Nothing. They learned nothing from my screaming down the hall.

Okay so, she says that Motherhood is a full time JOB. No joke. Literally stay by the side of you kids so you can know what they are doing at all times. Difficult yes. But, I am strongly believing it is a must.

Here is a snipit of some things she goes over in her book.

1. Understand that tantrums are absolutely forbidden
2.Come without Hesitations when you call your kid.
3. Stay near you when you tell them to.
4.Hold your hand upon request without pulling away or letting go.
5. Say or indicate "Yes Mom" or "Yes Ma'am" when you ask him to do something
6.Preform your request without crying, whining, or pouting.
7.Not to misbehave in the car or in public.
8.Remain quiet when you tell him to, or when you hold a finger to your lip.
9. Sit quietly next to your for as long as you want him to, without being birded or entertained.
10. Remain seated at the table until given permission to leave.

All these were designed for a toddler, But, come on my 7 year old wont do half of these. So, I now have to examine myself, reconsider my ability to raise godly children. Because if I keep doing what I am doing my kids will never have a heart change and never come to fully love and trust in Christ. They may feel like they are raising themselves. I don't want self raised kids. I want loving, obedient kids who Worship our Lord and Saviour, and we can't do that with an ugly, cranky, whining, selfish, angry, bitter, defiant heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wild Olive