Beautifly Blended

Beautifly Blended
"Like clay in the hand of the potter, so you are in My hands." God said. Jeremiah 18:6

12 February 2012

Stacking my Tomato

That is what I have been doing these last few days. And, I have to say that I have already noticed a difference in my  little man. I do believe that he would rather be stationed right next to me then sitting in his room pouting over the misbehavior.

While using my firm and "I meant it voice", he totally understood at the moment that I was going to win the battle of misbehavior. However, in the long run I would love for him to know that I will win always.
You may notice that I am only talking about one of my beloved children right now only because he is the only one I am able to use "Tomato Stacking". The other two are still at their dad's for the week.

I know, I know it is Sunday and I should have them back but, we are leaving for legolan* next week and they are getting to come along. I had to make a sacrifice for them to go. 4 extra days without them so that I can spend 7 days with no school with them.. How AWESOME!!!

Anyway, back to my Tomato..Not only does this book tell you and show what to do. It also give wonderful scripture.

Proverbs 19:20    Listen to advice and accept instruction, that you may gain wisdom in the future.
I love Proverbs. But, come on how true is that. We want our kids to be like that. Listening to our instruction  and obeying. Sometimes I wonder if I have just started in the womb would that have been a better start. Hahaha, I know they don't understand. But, the do recognize your voice and body tension. So I really believe more so now than ever using, God's word is the way to go in order to train my children in the way they should go.

Deuteronomy 5:29 ( I love this book too) Oh that they had such a mind as this always, to fear me and to keep all my commandments, that it might go will with them and with their descendants forever!
Ending with a exclamation mark. He means business. Forever. We want that for our off spring hold fast to God commands.

See training doesn't just stop with you. If you teach your children then your children will teach their children just has God said passing it along from generation to generation. We as parents are to always be teaching our children the commandments of God. Not only when they have done something wrong but, always. I will confess I am not one to be this kind of mom, but I want to be desperately. I spend countless hours in prayer more for forgiveness then guidance. ONLY because I am not a perfect mom. I am an IMPERFECT PERSON.  And, thus for NEED Christ.

So I say don't give up, don't go to bed feeling as if you have lost. Because YOU and I have God on our side. And if He is for us than you is against us. AMEN!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Wild Olive