Beautifly Blended

Beautifly Blended
"Like clay in the hand of the potter, so you are in My hands." God said. Jeremiah 18:6

16 February 2012

Recipe Thursday

I almost didn't make it for Thursday's recipe.

This recipe comes from a dear friend of mine (Joli). She is my healthy eating advisor and I just love her.
However, this recipe has an Arica twist on it. I love to mess around and come up with different things to add or take a way.. This time I added.

Breakfast/Cereal Bars

1cup or 2 Sticks of Butter softened
1 cup of loosely packed brown sugar
1/3 c of honey(this is mine added)
1 c of Oats
2 c. of freshly milled Flour
1/2 c of flax seed ground
4 eggs
2 c. of chopped Pecans (I use almonds or walnuts)
1 c of  Flakes Coconut ( we omit this as well)
1/2c of Chocolate Chips
1/2 of Cereal of your choice. (I will use shredded wheat, crumbled; honey nut Cheerios; etc)
2 t. of Vanilla

In small bowl cream the butter, sugar, honey, and  (1)vanilla.

In medium bowl Combine oats, flour, flax, cereal, and (1)nuts. Gradually add your creamed mixture to the dry mixture and mix really well.

In a 13x9 greased pan press in mixture (crust)

In another bowl Beat eggs until foamy , then add  (1) nuts, chocolate chips, (1) vanilla. Spread evenly over the crust. Bake at 350 for 30-35 min. Cool, cut, and eat.

We love them and are also taking them to LegoLan* for snacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wild Olive