Beautifly Blended

Beautifly Blended
"Like clay in the hand of the potter, so you are in My hands." God said. Jeremiah 18:6

22 March 2012

Recipe Thursday



I was very proud of this weeks recipe. I am going to brutally honest.. I have NEVER  been able to cook a descent roast. I mean they have been awful, just awful. You could eat it.. Let's just say you wouldn't starve on it.. Plainly put.

But, the other day while I was at my mama's in laws house we were watching the cooking channel (one that I miss on cable/satellite T.V) and the lady on there was cooking a leg of lamb. Now, I am not going to be cooking that anytime soon.. But, I got to wondering if what she did with the Lamb would work on other meats.

I dug into my freezer and thought OO a roast would be great to practice on..

1 roast of  choice ( I used chuck)
1 pk of brown gravy
1/2 c of water

On the roast I covered the top with this mixture. Mix in a bowl first

4 T. of olive oil
2 T. of season salt
2 T of garlic salt
1 t of pepper..
1/2 of bread crumbs..( I didn't have any of these so I omitted)

Mix well and spread on top of roast. Add your water and brown gravy to the crock pot and stir until mixed will. Place the roast in the Crock pot and cook on low for about 3 hours.. I cooked it on warm for about 6 1/2 hours.. Which ever is best for you..

I will most surely be using this recipe again.... I love to try different things with different kinds of food. I seem to learn a lot when I just throw it all together and pray that it tastes OK.

I severed the meal with homemade biscuit and salad.. My husband wanted rice to go with it.. Oops maybe next time...

Sorry no pictures of this meal..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wild Olive