Beautifly Blended

Beautifly Blended
"Like clay in the hand of the potter, so you are in My hands." God said. Jeremiah 18:6

02 March 2012

This is one of those days

where you wish you could go back to bed and wake up just to be able to redo today.

I have to admit I lost it today over a math problem. I can't believe I let anger and frustration get the better of me. I fell in to the temptation to be angry and yell and throw around my mean words.

The problem      x + 8 = 16.

So what is x....? He picked every number than the number it should have been. It took over 30 mins to figure it out. I am not a mom that will spoon feed the answers. I want him to think and try to figure it out. He counted fingers and still couldn't get the right answer.  After all that, he wrote down a 2..I feel like I wouldn't have gotten so mad if he hadn't ever done that problem before. But, not two days ago did he have the exact same problem...

A 2. I was like really...really a 2 after he just told me that 2+8=10..  aahhh.. I was at my whits end at this point.

I am ashamed that I let this math problem get the better of me. I knew better yet I let the aggravation and frustration take over and I let it all out in the open. I fall short each day but, on days like this I just want to crawl back into bed never to show my ugly face again.

I had to ask for his forgiveness today. He told me he loved me. That alone is one of the best things about being a parent even though you lose your cool. They still love you, and want to hug you and kiss you.

I know he is a smart, smart little man and I hate to see him not even try when I know that he can do it.

Spending some much needed time in scripture today. Only to hide His words in my heart so that I may not sin against Him or Bro.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wild Olive