Beautifly Blended

Beautifly Blended
"Like clay in the hand of the potter, so you are in My hands." God said. Jeremiah 18:6

19 April 2012

Recipe Thursday


Every week I post new and different recipes I try. Some I get from friends, Internet, and some I just make up.

I almost forgot about today's post.. Luckily I didn't..

Cherry-Chocolate Scones

3c. of Flour (the recipe didn't tell me what kind of flour so I just used my regular milled flour but if                            you do that you will need to add yeast  1 t. spoon of yeast)
1/2 c of sugar
1t of Baking powder
1/2t of salt
1/2 c of cold butter cut into chunks
3/4c of half and half
1/4 lb of milk chocolate (1/2 c)
1 egg
1/2 c of nuts (your choice) and dried Cherries

1.Preheat the oven at 350. Butter a 12 x 15 baking sheet. In a large bowl or food processor mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
Add butter to flour mix. Use fork to mix until resembles course crumbs.

2.In a small bowl, whisk together the half and half and egg. (reserve 2 T  of half-n-half mix for topping) Add the rest of the mixture in the flour mix along with the chocolate, nuts, and cheeries. Stir with fork until mix is even and all is moist. Dough will look cumbly.

3. Scrape dough on to a lightly floured surface. Kneed .Roll into a log  Cut  equal wedges.

4. Place 2" apart in the buttered baking pan. Brush the tops with the half-n-half mix. Bake for 25 mins until tops are browned.. (if you are using milled wheat and yeast  allow time for rising before putting the half-n-half mix on)

Let cool for 10 min before eating.

We really liked these I will make them again.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Wild Olive