Beautifly Blended

Beautifly Blended
"Like clay in the hand of the potter, so you are in My hands." God said. Jeremiah 18:6

04 January 2012

Darn Frost!!

For quiet some time now I have been trying to grow some veggies here at the house.. And, I had been doing pretty good.

I lost my tomato plants sometime back in November, when we had our very first frost. I was mad. So, after that I have been very careful to protect my bell pepper plant and my banana pepper plant.

Then, not long ago someone from co-op gave me three cabbage plants which seem to be doing great..

But, after last nights hard freeze this is what is left of my Bell Pepper plant. Look how dreadful. I can't believe it. We even covered it up.

My husband built this wonderful metal thang so that we can put the tarp over the plants to keep the frost from getting to them.

This is very creative. He is a wonderful thinker and comes up with great ideas that really work. However, the cold was just to much for the Bell Pepper...

On a lighter note. My husband is working with this guy who is going to be ordering Organic seeds. When the plant comes into bloom you can replant from it's seeds and I think some of them are cut and grow. Now that will be great.
I also talked to my husband about getting some material to make an above ground garden. I am not much of one but, I am learning as I go.. So wish me luck guys..

See you in the planting season.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wild Olive