Beautifly Blended

Beautifly Blended
"Like clay in the hand of the potter, so you are in My hands." God said. Jeremiah 18:6

12 January 2012

Recipe Thursday

I have doing some thinking on what I could blog about and I thought what about recipes. I love to cook and to try different new tastes..

So here is the one I did last night..



Cheezy Garlic Rolls





Some times I get to where I don't want to eat the same ole things. I found this recipe in my bread book, but you don't have to use a bread machine you can do it by hand. (if you had time)


1 egg at room temperature
1 1/3 cup of warm water
3 T. of olive oil
1/2 c. of sugar or honey (I use honey)
1 1/2 t. of  salt
4 1/2 c. of bread flour (I use W.W freshly milled wheat, makes it better)
2 t. of dry active yeast
1/2 c. of ground flax seed (optional, I do use this)

Topping
2/3 c. of Parmesan cheese, grated
2 T. of garlic salt or minced garlic (which ever you have on hand)
1/4. c. of melted butter

If you are using a bread machine add ingredients as seen. It 2 pounds on your amount and Dough cycle. Then wait on it to finish.

If you are doing it by hand. Mix oil, egg, water, honey in bowl. Mix the sugar, salt, flour, yeast, and flax seed.  Once you have that done slowly add the liquid mixture to your dry mixture and knead with hands for about 5 mins or until mixed really good. Let rise about 20 mins then punch down.

Remove dough from bread machine or bowl on a clean surface. I cover my surface with pan so may use flour. (That is your preference) Roll out like a long hot dog and pinch off about an 1" to 1 1/2" ball roll it up.

Dip your roll in the melted butter then dip it in the Parmesan and garlic mix. Place on a greased pan. Repeat until all are finished.

Sit and let rise until doubled in size. Place in oven at 350 degrees for 35-40 mins or until golden brown.



Remove and Enjoy...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Wild Olive