Beautifly Blended

Beautifly Blended
"Like clay in the hand of the potter, so you are in My hands." God said. Jeremiah 18:6

10 January 2012

Time and Energy

I want to take a few moments to talk about how I spend my time and energy.

I have been told by many people that I have a lot of energy and that my house must always be clean. I am going to assure you that is not always correct. I will admit that I love a clean and organized house. And, I do have some chores that I like to do better than others.

I enjoy reading books set back in the old days because I admire the hard work of the women and men. I wish I could be like that. Up at the crack of dawn with breakfast ready. But, honestly I have a hard time getting out of bed before 8:30 or 9:00 unless Ty and Syd are home. I have to get up at 6:00 with them. But, when you read about how a woman is always doing something to keep her house going I admire that so much. Of course when I am reading, I am neglecting some chore in my home that I could be doing.

3 years ago my sis-in-law started homeschooling Bro and her two kids. So for me the mornings were free to get what I needed to get done and then go and get lunch ready for them. Let me tell, that is when my house was spotless. But, now that I home school Bro myself I find it harder to get house work done when I am in the middle of teaching. 

About a year ago my husband and I got rid of cable T.V. Which was a great thing. I hated commericals. So now the only thing we have is NetFli*. And, let me say this is one of my bad habits. Lets say I find a show that I like (Bones). I will sit in front of that Telly all day and watch episode after episode. It just sucks me in and before I know I have wasted hours doing nothing but, watching T.V.

I have decided that during the day the T.V will not be turned on except for Bro to watch his math assignment. I have been doing it for the last 2 days and I have to admit that my house is finally getting back in order, I have gotten almost all my laundry done. (this is the chore I hate). I will wash and dry and then I will lay them up on the counter and leave them there. I tell you I would rather scrub a toilet then do laundry. But, I must persist on. If I don't get it done I will not have any clean clothes. Aaarrgg. why can't I be rich and pay someone to do my laundry.

I will say that I do prepare most of my meals from scratch or bulk bought foods. (like cheese, I grate my own cheese, make my own instant oatmeal, pancake mix, bread, rolls).  So it would seem that most of the day I am busy. But, honestly if I were to write it down I would be considered really lazy.

How do you spend your days and what do you get accomplished within a day?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wild Olive