Beautifly Blended

Beautifly Blended
"Like clay in the hand of the potter, so you are in My hands." God said. Jeremiah 18:6

12 July 2012

Recipe Thursday

I really love recipe Thursday! I know I don't always have a recipe ready, but here lately we are trying to cut back on some costs and so I am having to be more inventive with our food.

This week I have made several different things which we have all enjoyed but, the one I will be posting about is one I will be making again and again.

Sub sandwiches.

I often wonder why the subs at Fire*ouse and Sub*ay were always so GOOD.!!! Earlier this week I planned out some different kind of sandwiches we could eat rather than your old regular ham and cheese or P.B.& J.

So, I searched and searched through my bread books to find a type of hoagie bread recipe I could use. I didn't find one but, I did come across a french bread recipe that I thought might work really well and it did.. I spit the recipe into four different slices. Rolled each one up to look like a small loaf of bread. Let it rise and back. They looked great.


We each picked which size we wanted and then I let everyone decided what kind of sub they wanted

Pizza
Italian
Ham and Turkey

We also had different kinds of cheeses.

Bro picked a pizza sub

This is what it looked like before I put it in the oven

My husband and I  had an Italian sub.




I added lettuce and deli mustard and Italian dressing. Boy were they Yummy!!!




I know this is a sophisticated recipe to make but, it was a big hit with our family. Because we all love to eat at Fire*ouse Subs..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wild Olive