Beautifly Blended

Beautifly Blended
"Like clay in the hand of the potter, so you are in My hands." God said. Jeremiah 18:6

07 December 2011

Brain Jumble

Over the past few days I have been trying to figure out what to say about all the different things that I have been doing.

I want to be debt free.. I mean from everything that causes me to be a slave to money.

The rich rule over the poor, and the borrower is a servant to the lender..Proverbs 22:7

We have the house and the car..This is really the only debt that we have... but in all consideration it is still debt.

Not long ago I took a class at my church called Eliminating Debt....This was a really good class.. I was opened to ideas on how to pay off (house, car) far more quicker than I would have in my own way of thinking.

"For God gave us a spirit not to fear but of power and love and self-control."  2  Timothy 1:7

So I have gone through once again my monetary things and have done some more figuring.. I believe we will do great given time to get it they way I want.. but most importantly the way God will want it done.

Other than house and car... Food is our most costly thing. WE love to eat... Snacks, meals, snacks..

I was talking to a good friend  (Joli) of mine the other day about her cooking style. She was telling me that she doesn't make meat the "main" dish.. See at my house that is how we roll....

Meat
Veggie
Rice/Potato
Bread

That is they way this southern girl was raised.

Also not having an idea of what to cook will lead to spontaneous buying. So I am trying to stick to a mindful menu.. Sometimes this works sometimes it doesn't.
Because there are those day I just don't feel like cooking.

What can I do to fix the risk of spontaneous buying?
Cook ahead

I had never thought of that idea before. It may seem at the time of cooking a little overwhelming but in the long run you will save more money.

That is what my goal is.. SAVE-SAVE-SAVE.

Breakfast is another place that I struggle with...I like variety and well the rest of my family would rather stick to a rotation of the same ol blame thang. "blech"

Oatmeal is one thing that all my kids like. Instant oatmeal is expensive. You are not only paying for the oatmeal but the bag and the box that is comes in. So I found a recipe to make your own instant oatmeal. The great thing about this is you can add whatever ingredients that you want to it.. Spendid.

I am going to get on the frugal train one way or another..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wild Olive