Beautifly Blended

Beautifly Blended
"Like clay in the hand of the potter, so you are in My hands." God said. Jeremiah 18:6

13 December 2011

Life in the Frugal lane!!

As some of you may know I have been trying to live a little more frugal nowadays.. which is not easy.

I am going through this book called Financial Peace by Dave Ramsey. Let me put it to you simple the man means business. NO horsing around with your money.
One of the things that he had me do what write down every where I spend money.. OUCH!!

Plus many other books.
Dummies for Financial Reports
Idiots Guide to Finances in your 20s and 30s.
Susan Orman-which I didn't get to far into until I realized, Nope not for me.


I just want to state the fact the devil made me do it. (Right). I really like to spend money on whatever.
So here and now I take a stand!!! To not be careless with what God has giving me. I will pray over how God wants me to handle my our money.

There were a few things I like to do...

Eat out
Consignment shop.

I absolutely love to do both of those.. One more than the other....

Next I need to make a budget...done one before. Sticking to it I did not. Making it was easy, staying with it very, very, very hard.

But, I must be disciplined.. ONLY with God's help.. I know WE  can do it.

***************************************
Upon trying to live on less. I am doing different things around that house like making my own laundry detergent, oatmeal, pancake mix (which by the way will also make great tasting muffins).


Just a tid bit on the laundry detergent. I had to make some adjustments to the recipe this time. I didn't like the first one. So I altered it to fit my families needs. Yes, I ended up using some more of the other ingredients but it was still cheaper then going out and buying some name laundry detergent.

Another few things that I have been doing is trying to grow some of my own food. This year we had a garden down the road. However, it didn't work out at all. Because, the deer and rabbit were needing it so much more than we were.

So, I planted tomato plants, bell pepper, and banana pepper plants here at my house in pots.
Now, when we had the very first freeze I lost all my tomtao plants. Boy, was I angry. They had just stated making a lot of tomatoes.

But, some how my Bell and Banana pepper plants survived. Now, I bring them in every night.
This is the forth pepper off this plant..


This is the only one so far. I know he looks awful. I just hope he gets bigger.

This is the first time I have ever grown these two things..

Then, the last co-op some one game me some cabbage plants and I have two growing some what well.

So you see. I am doing it the Griner way. Which also may be somewhat like other people.. But, hey being frugal should be the way to grow..or go.

There are some books I have been reading on garding as well...

All I got from my local library.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wild Olive