Beautifly Blended

Beautifly Blended
"Like clay in the hand of the potter, so you are in My hands." God said. Jeremiah 18:6

02 May 2012

Bad Bad Thang!!!

That is right I have done a bad, bad thang. This entire school year and the previous ones before I have judged how well school went depending on how long it took us to get finished..

Well today, as I was rushing Bro through yet another day of school it just dawned on me..

Wait Arica... It shouldn't matter how long it takes.. What matters is what he gets out of it..

And this is what I think that he gets..

Hurry.. That's not good enough..
Quit being yourself..
I'm not trying hard enough
My mom is going to be upset with me.

All these things fell on me like a ton of bricks. What is wrong with this picture..

Well, EVERYTHING of course..

So what, if it takeS Bro a whole hour just to write his spelling words.. Does he understand them, can he spell them? These are the questionS I should be asking myself.

Not telling  him "you have spent a whole hour on that"..

Okay So now you know I am NOT mom of the year..

I am thankful God brought that to my attention.. How would he be if that is all he ever knew was to rush, rush, rush to get through..

Hatred stirs up strife, but LOVE cover all sin..Proverbs. 10:12

I hated that fact that it took so loong  to get finished with school that I was letting that, blind my love to teach my son the ways of the Lord.. To know that one day he will be on his own. And, that he will not have learned anything but to rush to get the job done. 

So, I must be encourage when I see him learning not rushing. Praying for guidance each step of the way through each subject and learning stone.

Showing love and kindness to him when he takes his time to do it so that HE can learn it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wild Olive