Beautifly Blended

Beautifly Blended
"Like clay in the hand of the potter, so you are in My hands." God said. Jeremiah 18:6

05 May 2012

What once was

a pair of jeans is no longer.. Not long ago I mentioned here about a wardrobe change..


So, I got this snazzy idea to change a pair of old jeans into a long beautiful skirt.


First I had to rip the seams in the between the legs.. All you need is a seam ripper.. This task didn't take to long.

Now that I have my seams ripped I am ready to begin bringing the legs together.. I don't have pictures of the next few steps..

But, this part takes some thinking.. Because You need to rip the seam all the way up the front and back. Once, the seams are evened out there will be some extra fabric from where the seat of the pants used to be. Cut the access off once you have sown the seams together..


Notice where the zipper is there needs to be a straight line for the seam to look good.


I decided to go with a split in the back only because I didn't have enough room in the fabric to go all the way to the hem..

So, there it is another Skirt for my collection.. This project was not as simple as I thought it would be it. It required a lot of measuring and thinking on how to sew the seat down the seam.



1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see this on you in person...I'm so impressed!

    ReplyDelete

Wild Olive