Beautifly Blended

Beautifly Blended
"Like clay in the hand of the potter, so you are in My hands." God said. Jeremiah 18:6

10 May 2012

Recipe Thursday


Every week I will try new recipes or ones that my family really enjoys. I may get my recipes from books, friends, Internet, or some I will just make up. I love to cook and try different food. Sometimes, that is difficult in a house full of picky eaters, but I say they are coming around..

Let me say I will be altering this recipe just a little bit. And, I haven't made it yet we are eating it for supper but, I wanted to go ahead and get it on here. I will have pic of the finished product.

MANICOTTI

12 Large Manicotti shells.. I am using smaller shells
4 cup Shredded Mozzarella ...I will be using a mixed cheese and only 2 cups
2 c. of Ricotta Cheese
Basil for seasoning.. I will be adding more than Basil
1 (26 oz) Spaghetti sauce. I will be making my own with tomato sauce and added ingredients
1/2 c of grated Parmesan

*I will also be adding Deer sausage to it.. Must be browned before mixing..

First cook noddles as directed on box or bag. Drain, cool and let dry.

In a medium bowl stir together 2 cups of shredded cheese, ricotta, seasoning, and  browned sausage. Once mixed carefully stuff your cooled shells.

In a lightly greased baking dish smear about 1/2 c of sauce on the bottom.. Place shells in dish. Pour the remaining sauce over the stuffed shells. (*this may be to much sauce. cutting this part in half will not hurt the recipe..I intend on using only half of the called amount)

Heat oven at 350 and bake for 15 mins.. Remove and sprinkle with Parmesan Cheese and place back in over for an additional 10 min..




No comments:

Post a Comment

Wild Olive