Beautifly Blended

Beautifly Blended
"Like clay in the hand of the potter, so you are in My hands." God said. Jeremiah 18:6

17 May 2012

Recipe Thursday

Every week I try a new recipe. It could be one I get off line, from a friend, or one I just make up. Then, I write it here to you all can try if you like..

Turkish Delight

Do you remember what movie that came from..?  

Yep... That's right.. The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe. by C.S Lewis..

I am making it as I blog. I will be taking it to Syd's school tomorrow. They are doing different countries. So, I ended up being the one who get to do food.. Yay. Because I. JUST. LOVE. TO. COOK.
 WARNING THIS RECIPE IS VERY, VERY SWEET.


4 c of Granulated Sugar
1 1/4 c of Cornstarch
1 t of Cream of Tarter
4 1/4 c of water
1 T of Lemon Juice
1 1/2 T of Rose water
1 c of Confectioners Sugar
veggie oil or shorting (I am using shorting)


See I told you very, very sweet.

Preparation

in a 9" pan, grease sides and bottom with veggie oil or shorting. Line with wax paper and grease it too.

In a sauce pan, combine lemon juice, sugar, and  1 1/2 c of water on medium heat. Stir constantly until sugar dissolves. Allow mixture to boil.. (This is the tricky part for me) Reduce heat to low and allow to simmer, until mixture reaches 240 degrees on a candy thermometer. Remove from heat and set aside.

In another sauce pan, combine cream of tartar, 1 c of cornstarch and remaining water over medium heat. Stir until lumps are gone and the mixture begins to boil. (DO NOT STOP STIRRING). Once the mixture is a glue like consistency stop stirring. Add, the sugar mixture. Stir constantly for 5 min... Reduce heat and let simmer for 1 hour stirring frequently.

Once mixture has become golden brown add the rose water. Pour mixture into wax paper lined pan. Spread evenly and allow to cool overnight.

Turn over baking pan containing Turkish delight onto clean counter or table and cut into 1" pieces.

Coat with confectioners sugar mixture, serve or store in an airtight container in layer separated with wax or parchment paper.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OK, so far, this has been a complete STICKY MESS. I will probably NEVER make this again. But, I am sure it will be fun to try all the different foods..

I will post tomorrow picture and let ya know how we liked or disliked..

Wish me luck.. I am going to be up a while..



No comments:

Post a Comment

Wild Olive