Beautifly Blended

Beautifly Blended
"Like clay in the hand of the potter, so you are in My hands." God said. Jeremiah 18:6

25 August 2012

A special treat!!

Okay earlier today I mentioned that I was going to make this really great dessert for our Sunday School Picnic tonight..

I am done and I just couldn't wait to bring it to ya'll

It is call a Devil Dog!! However, I feel the name should be changed to pure sin!!!!!


I just used a standard cake mix

It calls for 3 eggs.. I add 1 extra
1 1/2 Water
1/2 oil...I use olive oil
1 teaspoon of vanilla

spread it out in a large pan


I usually  make pizza in these pan, but they worked splendidly.

Bake according to box..



I allowed the cake to cool in pan.. lifted it upside down and use a small cup to cut out circles





Next, comes the cream..Now this is not your average cream

1 c of milk---I used 3/4 c of half and half and 1/2 c of milk
5 Tablespoon of whole wheat flour

heat and stir constantly until thick like a brownie mix... Remove from heat and let cool completely


Now cream the butter (make sure it is room temp) and sugar 1 c of each...Use granulated sugar not powdered


 
 
This gourgeous beaut belongs to my MIL.....Thanks MIL.... I should really look into getting a mixer.!!

Back to topic

Once the butter and sugar are light and fluffy...

Now that your milk mix is cool add a 1 teasp. of vanilla and mix good...

Then add it to the cream and butter mix...Beat it to death... for hours just beat it, beat it.. Sorry I can't say Beat it without singing..



After all that beating is done. use what ever you have to squeeze the icing onto the cake circles..


I topped it with some mint garnish...

Enjoy your special treat.. All of this only because I love ya'll



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wild Olive