Beautifly Blended

Beautifly Blended
"Like clay in the hand of the potter, so you are in My hands." God said. Jeremiah 18:6

19 August 2012

Zamar

Where does real joy come from?

It only comes from the Lord. We can be happy in our human state but that can change from moment to moment, situation from situation. But, to have sure fire joy now that only comes from the Lord.

This week in our Sunday School class we have been studying out of Jeremiah. After going through and reading so much about the prophet I almost want to weep for him and what he went through.

Day after day he was out on the front line proclaiming Gods word just as God told him to and everyday people laughed, mocked, spit at him. Yet, he endured.

Did Jeremiah get frustrated, did Jeremiah want to quit, did Jeremiah get angry with God?

Yes to all. But, he also knew how to take it to God in the proper way. In prayer..

I said all that to say this...

Zamar--sing, praise (the act of using the voice)

Jeremiah even though terribly tormented he still found joy in the Lord.

Jeremiah 20:13

"Sing to the Lord! Praise the Lord! For though I was poor and needy, He rescued me from my oppressors."

Jeremiah trusted that God was there the whole time. In verse 11 Jeremiah said "But the Lord stands beside me like a great warrior."

I get this picture in my mind of a stressed out very young man. His shoulders are slumped, head hangs down, dark circles under his eyes. He just looks like he couldn't take another step. Then you look beside him and there is this massif, glorious man with His sword held high, his shield ready for battle, and stern face.

I can't help but to feel that same as Jeremiah did during times in my life, but I too needed to remember that I have a great warrior standing with me through it all.

As, a believer it is a necessity that we remain in faith that our Lord is standing with us. And, if He is with us who can stand against us?

I want to you to spend some time in prayer today thanking God for always being there, even at times when we may think He is not. Because I think of how life would be without Him.

No Joy
No Peace
No Love
No Compassion



No comments:

Post a Comment

Wild Olive