Beautifly Blended

Beautifly Blended
"Like clay in the hand of the potter, so you are in My hands." God said. Jeremiah 18:6

24 August 2012

Co-op Days!

Some months ago, I joined a food co-op. I was thrilled by the idea of all my food being organic and just down right good for you. I must admit it did take my family some getting use to, because some of the things that I would buy were not what we were used to eating.

And, so over the months I just loved co-opping. I was able to see many new friends and enjoy good fellowship with them.

But, last month or my hubby and I got to talkin about budget and cost of food, traveling and other expenses that we are dealing with.  One of the options for me was to quit co-op, it made me sad. I am struggling with where I buy my food and the quality of it.  However, when we decided to do this, that is when the menus really came in to play and the grocery list. I mean I am pinching every dime that I can.

See, driving Syd and Ty back and forth to Hoboken and Nahunta every other week is killing us in gas. I travel 104 miles a day just dropping off and picking up from school. But, that is a different story for another post.

Now, I am a regular grocery store shopper, just like I used to be.

I miss co-op, I miss the quality of the food-meats mainly, I miss the people, I miss the work.

DOGONIT I just miss the CO-OP!!!! WHAAAAAAA!!!!

I am not saying that my co-opping days are done for good, they are just done for now, or until I can win the lottery or the Brantley county school bus came all the over here to pick them up!! Either one of those would work for me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wild Olive