Beautifly Blended

Beautifly Blended
"Like clay in the hand of the potter, so you are in My hands." God said. Jeremiah 18:6

14 August 2012

School's In Session!!!

Yesterday was our (mine and Bro's) first day of school...  Yay!!!!

There is a lot to be expected from my determined 8 year old this year. I have been going over the curriculum almost everyday and everyday I seem to learn this year is going to be a learning year. Not that last year was not a learning year but, there are new hurdles that he and I will have to jump in order to make this new school year a success.

Yestrdy, we ran into a lot of what I would call first day trials.. I guess he wanted to see how much he could get away with, while not doing work. And, I need for him to know that responsibility is a big part of home school and being trusted to do the work with out having to sit right beside him.

I pray that we, yes we, will both be compassionate about learning and taking our time to really show each other love. Sometimes, I can't determine which part I want to play the teacher or the parent. I want to be loving, huggy, kissy, sweet. But, on the other had I need to be firm, expecting him to do is best. Being at home with Bro everyday I know his potential, I know he can push him self and just how far he can go. But, being a child he needs that encouragement from me, coaching him, praising him, and loving him all at the same time. Now, that can and does get to be a little overwhelming.

But alas, I will be encouraged each day and approach each day with a new heart and refreshed spirit!

It's hard not to love a face like that!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Wild Olive